Saturday, July 18, 2015

Eid ul Fitr 2015

Hello my dear friends!

After long time I'm back. Today I will blog about Eid ul Fitr celebration in Malaysia or how they call it here "Hari Raya".

After  month of fasting we are celebrating end of the blessed month of Ramadan. Streets of the city are decorated festively, Malaysians preparing for celebration, malls are crowded and everybody rushing to get new clothes and gifts.


Our cosy warm and lovely house!

In the morning of the first day of the new month celebration starts in the mosque, at 8 30 am residents of local communities are gathered at their mosque for prayer and short lecture from religious leader.



Afterwards, families are gathering at their family house. Most of Malays in Kuala Lumpur are back to their villages for family reunions and celebrations. For my new family, our family house is in the city, so everybody are back to the city.

Slowly all family members arriving for festive makan i.e. food.

My wife was working on that day and I spent daytime with her at klcc mall. Need to say mall was packed that day. I had a feeling that all non Muslims from the city decided to visit mall.




Malays have a tradition to get new clothes for Eid, so did I, a bit late though, at the holiday itself.



After family dinner we all went outside to play with fireworks, such a fun I should say that was. Just imagine whole street we live in is lighted up by numerous fire works; we met neighbors, congratulate each other and had fun.






Next day we went to visit our relatives at the village by the seaside with a stop over by another relatives for lunch on our way.

But before leaving the house all family members ask forgiveness from each other and giving envelopes with some money. Kids are especially happy!




Adventure and road trip starts with break down of our family van, so needed to change car and I'm driving manual pick up truck, oh I miss driving manual.


Arrived to the village. First thing I noticed is fresh and clean air, so easy to breathe. Lovely big house with rambutan and coconut trees at the yard.




Having fun with kids and going to the beach, or how they call it "pantai".
By the way Timur means 'east' in Malay, so my niece was singing that we are at pantai Timur, and saying that all the beach side belongs to me because I'm Timur. So hilarious! One day, one day.














Coming back to KL, will visit that wonderful village again!

Me and my wife spent night at the hotel, thanks to my brother in law!

To sum it up I would like to say that celebration of Eid in Malaysia reminds me celebration of the new year in Russia, same atmosphere, fireworks, fun and joy!

Selamat Hari Raya semua!!!

Eid Mubarak!


No comments:

Post a Comment